Stateland Dairy was founded in 1912 to supplement an Agriculture curriculum that was begun in 1906 and is the second oldest program on campus. It has been in continuous operation since. The facility has been relocated four times and has occupied its current location since January 1996.
The state of the art facility houses 120 total animals consisting of day old heifers to mature cows. Approximately 70 head are of lactating age at any one time. All animals are registered Holsteins and many can be traced back to 5 cows purchased in the 1920’s. The herd has been continuously registered in an improvement association since 1930. All breeding is done by artificial insemination. The cows are fed a silage based ration of corn silage, cottonseed, alfalfa hay, and a concentrate mixture to balance a complete diet.